Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of joining but had a few questions

Hey guys - short bio - played end of 03 to CU/village drop was a master doc/tk and 29 professions in on my hologrind which if you know what happened when they dropped the village all that work went straight down the drain. It may have been 14 years ago but I still remember. Looking through the servers Hydian looks to be the only decent one with the hologrind alive and well! At least I think it still is and that is question 1 - is the hologrind still alive and are you still living on Pub 7? 2 I know the amount that play is low (no biggie) but does the server owner plan on keeping it alive for the foreseeable future? Let me know as I would hate to go through 29 profs again to end up with shite once again. It really was a big kick in the ass when it happened.

Thanks for the info in advance - Devinous

Id like to know the answer to question #2 as well

Comment

Originally posted by Devinous View Post
      1 - is the hologrind still alive and are you still living on Pub 7?
      We used to work on a customized Pre-9 (hologrind) configuration for many years but after our last major update the community voted to dump it and go with the Force Sensitive system which more or less is the same thing as hologrinding except it factors in badges. We do not use the village or any form of Combat Upgrade system at this time and there's no current or future plans for that to change. Basically from the start we've tried to offer the best and most stable vanilla experience as we could with the exception of some Jedi customizations we used to have on our old Pre-9 system which was mostly due to the fact that Jedi wasn't a fully finished profession during those times.

Originally posted by Devinous View Post
      2 I know the amount that play is low (no biggie) but does the server owner plan on keeping it alive for the foreseeable future?
      Our population used to be quite large but the community voted to do a wipe a long time ago and it steered a lot of people to other servers as a result, such is life. Since starting this server June of 2013 I had made a promise to everyone that as long as I could keep the lights on (that being my internet connection and electricity) that this server would forever remain online for people to play on. Like you, I had also invested a lot of my time on official SWG servers and lost everything as well as had the same thing happen on several other SWGEmu servers and it really becomes a deal breaker for me to have all my hard work lost because someone doesn't want to run a server anymore. For that reason the number 1 focus on this server has been to have the best stability among all the SWGEmu servers while always having the server online and we definitely have achieved that. Hydian has been online since June 2013 and will continue to be online well into the future. Even though we did a wipe in the past we do maintain backups so there's a lot of options and possibilities that we leave on the table.

Comment

X